You’re in for a treat! In this episode, you get to eavesdrop on my super fun chat with Kayla Hollatz, a Minneapolis-based copywriter, brand strategist, and content creator. I brought her to this episode to ask her all about her own brand voice, her approach to developing her clients’ brand voice, the value behind it (and the reasons it sometimes feels terrifying to go ahead and do that for your business!), and much more.
Kayla has her own story about why she’s super passionate about brand voice, and that’s my favorite thing about this episode. If you ever knew there are things you stand for that you wish you could communicate in your copy and content, but wasn’t sure how to go and do it, you’re in the right place 🙂 Hope you’ll have as much fun listening as we did chatting!
Listen in on my chat with Kayla to learn all about:
- The important connection between your personality, the people you work with, and your brand voice
- The building blocks of brand voice: brand’s “personal dictionary”, style and formatting, existing resources, mission statement, core values
- The art of managing industry jargon in brand voice
- The difference in your brand voice when you’re aiming to connect with your audience over educate and vice versa
- The difference between building a brand voice for an established brand versus a brand new one
- The importance of foundational values of a business
- The value of knowing more about your ideal client/customer than just demographics: a day in their life, what motivates them, their current life stage
- Defining the brand voice before you ever jump into content
- Thinking like a designer and a strategist when developing brand voice
- The powerful exercise of recording your own voice!
Check out Kayla’s resources & connect with her:
Links, tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Ashley from The Middle Finger Project
- Episode 8: Captivating Content and Using Google Search to Understand Your Audience With Dan Shure
- Episode 15: How to Build a Highly Engaged Email List Using Quizzes With Josh Haynam
- Kayla’s Brand Voice Quiz
Thanks for listening!
Can’t wait to hear what you think about this episode and how you feel about your brand voice. Make sure to check out Kayla and her resources to help you out on that path!
Transcript coming soon 🙂
P.S. Pin this so you can come back to it later: