Hey all, episode 8 is a treat for all the writers out there!
I’m chatting with Dan Shure, an SEO with many years of experience and a wide expertise in all things search. We had a super in-depth conversation about ways you can use Google search to understand your audience’s needs so that you can create content they actually want to read and that fulfils the need they started their search for.
This is your opportunity to learn all about ways to find missed ranking opportunities, create content even if you think there aren’t enough monthly searches for that topic, and much more. Can’t wait to hear what you think!
Listen in on my chat with Dan to learn all about:
- Why you need to look at Google search results before you ever start writing or even create an outline
- The importance of mapping search terms to searcher’s intent
- How to analyze the ‘Searches related to’ section in search results
- Why emotion and empathy matter in this process
- How to create content when you’re writing for a broad topic and what to look for in Google to get more specific
- Why low monthly searches for your desired term shouldn’t stop you from writing about that topic
- Where to actually put your keywords
- How to stand out in search results
- How to find missed ranking opportunities in your content
- The power of emotions in your content and how to leverage it
- Why look at your content ROI on a multiple-yearly basis
Check out Dan’s resources & connect with him:
- Evolving SEO website
- Connect with Dan on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Check out his YouTube channel: evolvingSEO
- Follow & connect with him on Quora
- Listen to his podcast
Links, tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
Blog posts & websites:
- Blog post on Sumo.com by Sarah Peterson: 401+ Ridiculously Useful Power Words to Increase Conversions
- Phil Rozek: Local Visibility System – The Last Local SEO Guy You’ll Ever Need | Phil Rozek
- Blog post on Moz.com by Cyrus Shepard: My Single Best SEO Tip for Improved Web Traffic
- Dan’s video: Why search volume is a terrible metric
Thanks for listening!
Are you ready to start using Google to get closer to your audience with your content? I actually can’t wait to write a detailed blog post with examples I’ve used in my work! If you write or post anywhere about this process, make sure to tweet me and let me know. Thanks so much for tuning in today!
Transcripts coming soon!
P.S. Pin this post so you can refer to it later: