You’re in for a treat! In episode 20 (can’t believe we’ve crossed 20 weeks of Content Love already!), I’ve made it my mission to learn all about the community building that happens behind the scenes of one of the fast-growing startups very dear to my heart—Quuu!
If you haven’t heard of Quuu, they are a small remote team whose core product revolves around hand-curated suggestions for social media. They also recently launched Quuu Scheduler and—literally this week!—they introduced and are soon launching a new plan, Craft by Quuu! I’ve been in awe of their hard work, and more than everything, their focus on their community from early days.
I mean… This was part of my conversation with Daniel, one of Quuu’s co-founders, during Quuu’s Twitter chat yesterday:
This is why I had to bring Lucia Fontaina-Powell, their Community Marketing Manager (actually… Quuumunity Marketing Manager!) to ask her all about it and to learn all about the connection between their content and community, including their Facebook group and Twitter chat #Qchat. She is a community builder, content creator and copywriter helping growing businesses cultivate unique, go-to brands. She’s also a brilliant writer, an awesome human being, and a bundle of wisdom, and I can’t wait for you to learn from her in this episode!
Listen in on my chat with Lucia to learn all about:
- How she evolved from a content manager role into a community manager role, and all that her job entails now
- The day in the life of a community marketing manager
- The powerful community Quuu has built, from content and email through to their Facebook group and #Qchat, their Twitter chat
- How she plans topics to perfectly connect Quuu’s community efforts with their content strategy
- How community insights make an impact on their content
- How she sets goals for Quuu’s community building efforts and content
- Why Quuu focused on their community growth so early in their journey back in 2016
- How businesses apart from SaaS can benefit from building an engaged community
- How you can get started doing that, too!
Check out Lucia’s resources & connect with her:
- Connect with Lucia on her Twitter and Medium
- Join Quuu’s community in their Facebook group and #Qchat on Twitter
- Follow Quuu’s awesome journey on their blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Check out Quuu’s co-founders, Daniel Kempe and Matt Spurr, on Ryan Robinson’s podcast!
Links, tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Lucia’s Medium post: What is a community marketing manager and why should you hire one?
- Quuu Scheduler
- Grum Scheduler
- Twitter polls
- Brittany Berger + my interview with her, all about content repurposing
- Vlog by Quuu’s co-founder Matt: Tips for the camera shy
Thanks for listening!
Can’t wait to hear about your journey towards building an incredible community. Make sure to tweet Lucia and myself to let us know, and share anything you’ve learned along the way, too!
Transcript coming soon 🙂
P.S. Pin this so you can come back to it later: