#9: The 5-Step Editing Formula to Supercharge Your Content
Did you ever wish you could write and edit your posts and other pieces of content quicker? I’ve been struggling with the process of writing/editing and use to spend many hours trying to understand the reasons I’m being so slow.
Luckily, I figured it out, and I’m sharing my tips and my 5 ways of easy and efficient editing with you today in this solo episode (P.S. we’re almost at double digits)! This will be of great help to you if you create any kind of online content, if you’re an editor, and/or if you manage and train a team of writers.
I can’t wait to hear what you think and don’t forget to reach out to me with any feedback, comments, or questions. Enjoy!
Listen in to learn all about:
- Why having a strong editing process is the key to effective content production
- Why it’s RIDICULOUSLY important that you separate your writing and editing process
- The five steps of editing: big picture editing, introduction editing, call to action editing, proofreading, formatting
- Big picture editing: looking at your first (ugly) draft with fresh eyes and looking to improve flow, remove repetition, add missing information and make the piece of content feel better for the reader
- Introduction editing: the art of removing fluff from your first few sentences whose job is to draw the reader
- Call-to-action editing: make it blatantly obvious as to what is the one thing you want the reader to do next
- Proofreading: punctuation, spelling, and other stuff that slips away easily. My favorite techniques: reading out loud and/or reading each word individually from the end to the start of your piece of content. After that, Grammarly!
- Formatting: making your piece of content digestible for online consumption. Use H2 and H3 tags, bullet points, paragraph breaks, bold and italic text, and images to emphasize important information and takeaways!
Links, tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Episode #6 of the Content Love podcast: 3 Steps to a Brilliantly Efficient Content Creation Process
- How To Write A High-Converting Blog Post: 6 Powerful Elements
Thanks for listening!
I’m really excited to hear about the actions you took after this episode. Make sure to tweet me!
P.S. Transcripts coming soon 🙂