#4: How to Create Copy That Brings The Right People Into Your Funnel With Jacob McMillen
Time for the fourth episode of the Content Love podcast!
In this episode, I chat with Jacob McMillen, a freelance copywriter who’s been working with industry-leading law firms, marketing agencies, SaaS companies, massive startups, small businesses, and many more. This chat was a goldmine of insights and resources for me and I can’t wait for you to hear all that we cover and all the actions you can take.
We particularly focused on using super-focused copy to bring people whose problems you can solve better than anyone else. To do this, you need to really grasp the motivations of your audience and the struggles they’re trying to solve, and Jacob takes us through some great tips and examples on how to do this, while keeping in mind your unique value proposition and the benefits you’re offering to your ideal audience. You’re going to love all the resources he mentions and the homework he gives you near the end of the episode.
Listen in on my chat with Jacob to hear all about:
- Key stages of the funnel you need to keep in mind from the very beginning
- How to attract the right people on the right channel at the right stage
- How to understand the motivations behind your audience’s struggle
- How to nail the lead magnet copy to get the right people in, and keep the wrong ones out
- The ideal vs. the practical lead magnet
- Direct response copy versus content marketing and different goals they focus on
- How to define your core value proposition
- The two mistakes you may be making when it comes to your unique value proposition
Check out Jacob’s resources:
- Jacob’s freebie: How To Write Landing Page Copy From Scratch
- Jacob’s website: jacobmcmillen.com
- Connect with Jacob on LinkedIn and Twitter
Links, tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Ahrefs Facebook group
- Jon Morrow – Big Black Book Sales Letter
- Brian Dean of Backlinko
- Brian Dean’s talk at Learn Inbound
- Brian Harris of VideoFruit
Thanks for listening!
Make sure to let me know what you think! How will you implement these insights? Was there something mentioned that you were already doing? Make sure to reach out with any comments and questions, and I can’t wait to talk to you in the next episode. Cheers!
Transcripts coming soon!
P.S. Pin this post so you can come back to it later: