#3: How to Use Storytelling to Empower Your Content Marketing with Kaleigh Moore
Welcome back to the Content Love podcast!
In this third episode, I had a super in-depth chat about storytelling in content marketing. I loved talking to Kaleigh about this because storytelling seems to be something that many brands ignore and they tend to chase numbers and rankings and impressions, while forgetting that there is a whole bigger story about them that makes them relatable, honest, and real.
Kaleigh Moore is a freelance writer for SaaS and eCommerce brands. She’s the creator of some of the most value-packed content you’ll find out there, and she’s worked with top companies on the Fortune 500, as well as growing SaaS companies, including AT&T, Campaign Monitor, and KISSmetrics. She also contributes to Entrepreneur and Inc. Magazine, and she worked on the creation of the Creative Class, a course for freelancers, with Paul Jarvis.
Listen in on my chat with Kaleigh to hear all about:
- How storytelling changes your relationship with your audience
- Storytelling essentials: the person, the tone, honesty
- How to make sure you’re writing about things your audience cares about
- How to stand out from your competitors and build authority in your industry
- How to use data in your storytelling to tell a stronger story and how to look for data sets you can use in your story
- Examples of brilliant storytelling from companies
- The importance of nailing down your core story and having a messaging strategy
- Questions you need to ask yourself to understand what makes you unique as a brand
- How to start collecting feedback or ask for more in-depth feedback to give your audience a voice
Check out Kaleigh’s resources:
- Kaleigh’s website: KaleighMoore.com
- Join Kaleigh’s newsletter
- Kaleigh’s special project: Yeah Write Club (details coming soon!)
- Follow Kaleigh on Twitter
Links, tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Basecamp, Basecamp’s blog
Thanks for listening!
What did you think of this episode? How are you going to take action in your own content marketing with storytelling? Make sure to reach out with any comments and questions, and I can’t wait to talk to you in the next episode. Cheers!
Transcripts coming soon!
P.S. Pin this post so you can come back to it later: