Hey all, time for episode 7!
In this edition of the Content Love podcast, I’m chatting with Kate Talbot, a writer, entrepreneur, marketer and speaker with a superb track record helping brands engage millennials. She wrote a best-selling book, Oh Snap! You Can Use Snapchat for Business, that focuses on how to best implement an effective Snapchat strategy for businesses, and includes case study insights from Airbnb, NPR, Stanford University, Vox Media, and ShopStyle.
She’s also a growth marketing consultant for early stage startups, so you can see how she fits perfectly into this topic of engaging millennial and Gen Z audiences with new channels and strategies, which is particularly hard when you’re just starting out. Make sure to tune in and get actionable insights to tap into these valuable markets!
Listen in on my chat with Kate to learn all about:
- Why you should care about tailoring your content to millennial and Gen Z audiences and why their buying needs are different
- How technologies like Snapchat and Instagram Stories have created new opportunities for marketers and brands
- Why video channels like Snapchat, Instagram, and YouTube are key channels to tell stories and ways formats differ across them
- Why these formats work for B2B too, and not just for B2C
- How to approach content creation on these platforms and why it matters to make your products human across B2C and especially B2B
- How to execute B2B influencer marketing and what to look in your potential influencers
- How these strategies work towards your community building and what you can do to amplify that
- How to align this content with your goals based on where you are in your business and measure your efforts
- How to pick the platforms to get started with, and which actions to take first
Check out Kate’s resources & connect with her:
- Check out Kate’s website
- Connect with Kate on her Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Make sure you check out Kate’s book: Oh Snap! You Can Use Snapchat For Business
- Kate’s Forbes article: 5 Ways To Authentically Network On Instagram
Links, tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- HubSpot’s Snapchat
- Snapchat geofilters
- Sun Basket
- Corporate Bro Instagram
- Hiten Shah – Kissmetrics co-founder
- Amy Schmittauer
Thanks for listening!
Does your audience fall into the millennial and Generation Z market? If it does, I’d love to hear what actions you’ll take from Kate’s brilliant advice in this episode. I sure know I’ll benefit from it, and I hope that you will too! As always, make sure to let me know. 🙂
Transcripts coming soon!
P.S. Pin this post so you can come back to it later: