#25: The Trap of Mirage Content & How to Fix It With Benji Hyam
Have you ever been at the point when you’re creating content that *kind of* looks and feels good, but it does absolutely nothing for your business?
It’s actually a common occurrence, and there is a name for it: mirage content. I feel super privileged to have had the chance to interview Benji Hyam, the co-founder and the grow side of Grow and Convert, a fully done-for-you content marketing agency. Mirage content is a topic he’s been passionately talking about for a while now, and the good thing about it is that there is a solution to it!
For this one, you might need a pen and paper and start taking action right away. I can’t wait for you to learn from Benji!
Listen in on my chat with Benji to learn all about:
- How Grow and Convert exponentially grew their clients’ blogs, starting with user research through to content promotion with audiences that have already been built
- What mirage content is and real-life examples
- The main reason why mirage content happens
- How to take the extensive user research and put it into practice by looking for patterns
- The risk of mirage content and the negative impact on the business
- The importance of high-quality introductions for your written content and what most writers do instead
- The super-specific strategy Benji uses to write highly engaging introductions
- Why Grow and Convert create only 3 pieces of content per month for their clients and how they dedicate time to other parts of content marketing process beyond just creation
- How they analyze posts after a certain time has passed since it was published and how they take action
- How to know you’ve fully covered a topic by using frameworks
- The strategy to hiring high-quality writers
- The questions to use in your user research
Check out Benji’s resources & connect with him:
- Check out Grow and Convert
- Say hi to Benji on his Twitter
- Check out Benji on other podcasts: The Growth Marketing Podcast Part 1 and Part 2, The Double Your Freelancing Podcast
Links, tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Benji’s blog post: “Mirage Content” Is the Reason Your Company Blog Isn’t Generating Leads
- ThinkApps: Meet the Founder Who Is Building a New Startup Every Month
- Grow and Convert’s top content marketing articles
- Grow and Convert’s articles on user research
Thanks for listening!
I can’t wait to hear how you can tackle your own mirage content—make sure to let me know!
Transcript coming soon 🙂
P.S. Pin this so you can come back to it later: