Looking to get more sales from your content? You’ll want to make sure to tune into this episode.
I had the pleasure and privilege of interviewing Chris Marr for this one! Chris is the founder and driving force behind the Content Marketing Academy, the UK’s largest membership organization of its type. His work has helped countless businesses grow through content marketing. His drive comes from a desire to help people break free from the world of interruption marketing—and I’m beyond thrilled to have been able to chat with him about content marketing!
We went deep into understanding the purpose of content marketing when it comes to guiding your potential customers through their questions and concerns as they get to learn about the problem they have. Can’t wait for you to hear this!
Listen in on my chat with Chris to learn all about:
- Chris’ work with Content Marketing Academy, and how he built his work around his lifestyle
- The approach to content marketing as the tool to help your audience to make educated buying decisions
- The fact that views and pageviews don’t necessarily equal sales and money
- The empathy and compassion for your potential customers in your content
- How to break down the stages of a purchase cycle and get the timing right
- The importance of zero moment of truth and the content that fulfills the need in the zero moment of truth
- The B2C and B2B examples of the zero moment of truth and tackling it with content
- Organizing your content based on the buyer’s journey and getting your audience to ‘sponge’ your content
- User intent when they search for an answer to a question and the strategy to building high-quality content based on that
- Auditing and updating your top articles
- Consistency vs. frequency in content
- Integrating content marketing into your sales process
Check out Chris’ resources & connect with him:
Links, tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- The zero moment of truth
- Book: Marcus Sheridan – They Ask You Answer
- Chris’ blog post on CMA: Content Marketing ROI: How to measure the return of content marketing
- Chris’ blog post on CMA: How does content marketing lead to sales?
Thanks for listening!
Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on this one! Make sure to hit me up on Twitter and do go and say hi to Chris and let him know how this helped you. Really appreciate your time joining us today!
Transcript coming soon 🙂
P.S. Pin this so you can come back to it later: