#12: Building Content That Withstands Social Media Changes With Brian Peters
Episode 12 is the one you won’t want to miss!
In case you’re annoyed/terrified/unsure about everything that’s been happening with updates from social media platforms—Facebook, I’m looking at you—it’s time to take a fresh look at how we approach content and social media as businesses.
And there’s no better person to have as a guest when it comes to social media than Brian Peters. Brian is a digital marketing strategist with Buffer and you probably know him from Buffer’s podcast, videos, and blog. He’s also driving Buffer’s email marketing efforts, brand partnerships, evangelism, video marketing, and much more.
In our chat, we took a deep dive into what’s currently happening and how as marketers, we can use these changes to drive our brands forward without the fear of algorithm changes diminishing our work. I hope you enjoy!
Listen in on my chat with Brian to learn all about:
- All the details about recent update from Facebook and the announcement that public content from brands and publishers will be deprioritized in the News Feed
- Why limited space on the News Feed is a good thing for you as a brand
- How platform changes like this one reflect on B2B companies
- The value of using organic social media as platforms on their own without the expectation to click elsewhere
- How these steps relate to your business objectives and stages of your funnel
- Why brands need to take a critical look at what they’re sharing
- The difference between active and passive engagement on social media
- The value of Facebook groups and live video and what to focus on
- How Buffer approaches their strategy for organic content on Facebook, how they measure their efforts and leverage these insights
- The value of getting people’s attention where it already is
- The long-term steps you can take to win no matter what platform challenges come your way
Check out Brian’s resources & connect with him:
- Check out Brian’s website
- Connect with Brian on his social media channels: Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Check out Buffer’s free course: 25 Expert Social Media Growth Strategies
Links, tools and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Facebook’s press release: News Feed FYI: Bringing People Closer Together
- List of Facebook’s updates
- Facebook Custom Audiences
- Buffer’s post: The Simple Facebook Posting Strategy That Helped us 3x Our Reach and Engagement
- Buffer’s post: The State of Social 2018 Report: Your Guide to Latest Social Media Marketing Research [New Data]
Thanks for listening!
Make sure to tweet me and Brian with any thoughts you have on this huge topic. I hope you’ll take action on Brian’s tips and see positive results on your social channels regardless of the changes!
Transcript coming soon 🙂
P.S. Pin this so you can come back to it later: